February 24

Inquiry

Discuss this with your family and siblings and then write your answere.

1. How does exploration impact on people and places?

2. What lessons can we learn from explorers in our daily lives?

3. Reflect on what an explorer is. Write about a time when you have been an explorer in our learning?

Image result for Explorers

Posted February 24, 2017 by Mrs CC in category Uncategorized

23 thoughts on “Inquiry

1. Dimitri

1.The impact of exploration is that it changes the world and discovers new ways to help peoples lives.

2.To never give up trying until you achieve your goals.

3. Explorers discover the unknown. I learn something new every day when I practice different types of writing.

2. Nigel

How does exploration impact on people and places?
    People get to explore places that they have never seen before or might even discover new destinations. When they explore places, they get engaged with what they are doing and they inspire other people with what they have seen.

What lessons can we learn from explorers in our daily lives?

That that is a very exciting job and with the knowledge they pass on, it inspires you to live your dreams.

Reflect on what an explorer is. Write about a time when you have been an explorer in our learning?
    An explorer is someone who looks at new places and finds new things about it to educate others upon their return.

3. Allegra

Q 1. When people came to Australia, the Aboriginals thought that the white people were attacking them and taking over their land. This also happened in America with the indigenous Indians.

Q 2. What they did back then was not right because the settlers came and took over their land and began building and removing bushland.

Q 3. A explorer is someone who finds new places and new things. I have being a explorer when I was in prep I learnt how to read, write and do maths sums.

4. Sienna

1. Explorers don’t just look at things and take a photo and say I’m done with this object but what they really say is oh this is quite interesting and then they ask more questions about it and they then if there interested in it the could maybe explore more about it.
    2.I was an explorer when I went to the metropolitan museum of art in New York.
    3. Exploration impacts people by making people excited because there’s something new and interesting and it also impacts people by if its it land people will want to visit the place and live there.

5. L.S

.1 It gives us more info about our environment and we can use this information to advance our society.

.2 Be curious and keep asking questions to find something out. Also never give up even if it is impossible, keep trying.

.3 An explorer is a person who discovers new places,oceans and other things. I am exploring how to speak french.

6. J.H

Humans explore because they need to learn the world around them so they could find places that were reach in food, water and other resources necessary for survival.
    I learnt, to be an explorer, I should be brave, smart and strong.
    I built a candy machine from Lego. You have to insert a coin to give you a candy.

7. hughsm

1. Exploring impacts places because new places can be discovered like Captain Cook discovering Australia. Historical places can be learnt about and respected like Ayers Rock and places in danger can be protected like Phillip Island for the penguins.

Exploring helps people to find solutions to problems. For example if you were sick, exploring new medicines and surgeries like Victor Chang’s heart transplant can help save peoples lives.

2. Explorers are everywhere in our lives. Space explorers, Technology explorers, Medical explorers and Environment explorers.

3.Explorers help people because they share their knowledge but sometimes they can carry diseases like the explorers that came with Captain Cook.

8. Erin

Go out and explore the unknown
    Amazing things could happen on an adventure
    Don’t be afraid to try new things
    Take chances and believe in yourself

If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t be on this land.

We wouldn’t have all the things we have now

We wouldn’t know that the earth was round
    Every explorer produced maps of their travels which we use to this day

Last year I found out about an explorer I didn’t know about called Tuckey when I was in Sorrento
    On a walk on a path called Tuckey Track because Tuckey found Sorrento

9. Erin

Go out and explore the unknown
    Don’t be afraid to try new things
    Take chances and believe in yourself

10. Carina

Hi everyone,
    QA.Go out and explore the unknown and don’t be afraid to try new things.

QB.We wouldn’t have all the things we have now and we wouldn’t know if the earth was round.

QC.Last year i found out about an explore Neil Armstrong when I was at home I was playing on my iPad and I found out it.

From CR

11. Kathleen

Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon, this gave us lots of information about the moon for e.g if the moon was going to explode or what the moon was like. Also, it can alter the lifestyle of the people living in the areas that are explored for e.g the Indigenous Australians. Also you can learn new skills

Be brave and never give up. Believe in yourself, hope for improvement. Challenge yourself and dream big.
    An explorer is someone who discovers new things like new countries, oceans and other things too. I have explored about the Hadrian’s wall and Tasmania .I have also explored when I interviewed my Grandpa about his school teaching. I am now exploring French.
    K.M.

12. O.M

What lessons can we learn from explores in our daily lives?

To be strong and to go out to discover new things like Captain Cook discovered Australia. Lots and lots of awesome things can happen during your adventure!

If explores did not find Australias land we would not be living in this land. We would not have all the things we now in our daily lives.

Reflect on what an explorer is. Write about a time when you have been an explorer in our learning.

Last year when we had free time I got permission from my teacher to us the computer. My teacher agreed. So I went to the computer and searched up a map of Australia and I explored every where around Australia. I also read the information about Australia.

From O.M

13. Julian V

1. Exploration has impacted people and places in a huge way. People are able to go on holidays to new places around the world that were not always popular holiday destinations, because of explorers who are always on the look out for new beaches and towns. This impact has brought a lot of money to these new holiday spots. Eg Croatia is a very popular place to visit now but it was not as popular 20 years ago.

2. We can learn about bravery and dedication from past explorers because in many cases they risked their lives. Eg Neil Armstrong was brave to be the first man to walk on the moon, not knowing about the dangers he faced up there.

3. I have been an explorer when I went to Malaysia with my family. I discovered new foods that I had never eaten before like Dragon fruit. I also discovered that monkeys are everywhere!!!

14. Archie

If it wasn’t for Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin landing on the moon and the Space Race. NASA would not have invented such things as the Satellite, Laptop, Dust Buster, 3D graphics and virtual reality and many other things.

Like the space explorers there are so many things that we use today, that are a result of exploration. Exploration creates inventions.

When we were at Noosa, until we explored. I never knew the road behind our hotel lead up to an outlook that looked out across the whole of Noosa beach.

15. Leonsig21

I think exploration is something we cannot help ourselves to
    stay out of as we are humans we are ready for any challenge.

its in our nature to see how it works and what makes it happen.

I think the 2 biggest exploration is we are still trying to find out answers from space and where the humans come from.

16. IG

You might find something new

You meet someone new

You might discover a new language

You could find a new state

You might find a different nationality

You might discover a new creature

You might discover a new culture

17. IG

Write when you have been an explore in our
    learning

I have been researching

I have been discovering and finding out new things

I have been finding facts

I have been researching about new people

Reflect on what an explorer is:

An explorer is someone who is brave adventures good at researching and smart.

An explorer is someone who explores something like Christopher Columbus explored America.

That’s what an explorer is!!!

18. Lara

The lessons we can learn from explorers is
    we wouldn’t have been living in Australia, we wouldn’t have known all the planets, we wouldn’t have know how rough the sea is and lots of other things. I have been an explorer in my learning by speaking French

From L.J

19. Giselle

Through exploration we learn about things such as extinct animals that walked the earth hundreds of years ago also, we learn about animals that are on their way to extinction

I was explorer at my sisters bday when I put in usual coke and mentos

They help to shape history in this world

20. Julian

jb
    1. How does exploration impact on people and places,because when explores discover new land that were mainly near rivers,bays and harbours.Which help people,bring things from one place to another.

2. What lessons can we learn from explorers in our daily lives in the old days people used maps to get to place to place and it still happeneds today.

3. Reflect on what an explorer is. Write about a time when you have been an explorer in our learning i have been exploring in class maths inquirer.

21. Leonsig21

SYNONYMS FOR SAID

confirmed,Added,Agreed,Continued,Shouted,Bragged,Asked,Hinted,
    Joked,Concluded,Argued

22. af

1. Exploration impacts people and places. When explorers find a new place or location, they have usually settled there and new colonies are made. This impacts the new settlers by giving them a new opportunity and new environment. This impacts the indigenous people because their lands are taken over.

2. We must be respectful of others who have lived in places before us.

3. I have been an explorer in my learning when I have tried new things and also when I create things from scratch.